During the summer term Y10 pupils follow a planned programme of study which is designed to help them prepare for, plan, undertake and evaluate their whole work experience week. I hope the following information regarding the work experience process will be helpful.
The aims of work experience are:
- To provide an experience of the real world of work.
- To help pupils understand and develop the key skills and personal qualities which are sought by employers in a work environment.
- To ensure that our pupils are well prepared for the adult working environment.
- To help students understand the relevance of school to future work and learning.
- To improve the employability of the pupils.
- To help pupils make informed decisions about their future careers.
- To develop maturity and self-confidence.
The key learning outcomes:
Pupils will be able to:
- Identify, understand, develop and assess the key skills and attitudes they need to survive in the world of work.
- Identify differences between school and the world of work.
- Identify and understand the importance of Health and Safety issues.
- Write a letter of application.
- Improve their interview technique, and attend interview
- Understand the concept of Equal Opportunities.