Our Aims and Values
Our Mission Statement sums up our school:
Tradition, care and challenge
Tradition – a school founded on mutual respect and responsibility with high standards of behaviour. It is forward-looking but also proud of, and true to, its heritage.
Care – an inclusive environment where each individual is known, valued and nurtured, and in turn learns to care for other members of the community and the environment.
Challenge – a community where all members are encouraged and supported to achieve their very best and which seeks to develop the whole person.
This means we:
- are a welcoming and inclusive community respectful of individuality and diversity
- know every single person well and can provide a genuine personal touch
- have a concern for equality of opportunity at all times
- deliver academic and extra-curricular excellence
- are committed to developing the full potential of all of our pupils and staff
- monitor progress carefully and provide appropriate support for everyone
So that our pupils:
- are happy and stay safe
- develop into responsible citizens who make informed judgements
- are confident and creative and develop enquiring minds
- become self-disciplined and adaptable team players and leaders
- are encouraged to make a difference locally and globally
- embrace both challenge and change